Valley United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development and support of its human resources to achieve its mission and objectives. Staff members not only enjoy the resources of Valley United Way, but also the national networking and human resources support offered by United Way of America.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our organization and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing staff and volunteers in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any work environment.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events
- Assist with content creation for all of our company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up, considering our clients’ needs and their specific industries
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Strong desire to learn
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters degree
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
Please email your resume to Sharon.Gibson@valleyunitedway.org