1. Each team consists of a maximum of three (3) members.
2. Two (2) members of each team will pitch during each game. Substitutions may only be made at the start of a new game. Male team members will pitch from 40 feet. Female members have the option to pitch anywhere behind the 30 feet line, but once a distance is chosen, it must be used throughout each match.
3. The tournament will be single elimination bracket play.
4. Each round of the tournament will consist of a best of three (3) match. The first team to win two (2) matches advances to the next round. The loser is eliminated. Each game will be played to 21 points or 32 innings, whichever comes first. Ringers will count as three (3) points with individual points for shoes closest to the stake (see rule 11).
5. A player, while not pitching, must remain on the opposite side of the stake to the player who is pitching, and behind the rear of the pitching platform.
6. No contestant shall walk to the opposite stake or be informed of the position of shoes prior to the completion of an inning.
7. No contestant shall touch his own or opponent's shoe or shoes until the winner of point or points has been agreed upon by contestants or decision rendered by referee.
8. First pitch shall be determined by the toss of a coin or flipped shoe. In successive games, loser shall pitch first.
9. Any shoe pitched that hits front, back, or side of pitching box shall be declared foul and removed from the box.
10. If any shoe is called foul, or hits in foul area, then hits any shoe(s) in the foul area, the fair shoe(s) shall be scored in their final position.
11. Points are 6" measured by one horseshoe width.
12. A ringer is declared with the touching of both caulks simultaneously with a straight edge and permit a clearance of the stake.